How To Consign With Us
Guidelines To Consign With Us
Is An Appointment Necessary?
Yes, we know your time is valuable and that is why we require appointments. We never want you to have to wait while we assist someone else! Our flexible consignment times are:
||12 PM – 6 PM
||10 AM – 6 PM
||10 AM – 6 PM
||10 AM – 3 PM
||10 AM – 12 PM
What Type Of Items Are Accepted?
- We accept like new, up-to-date clothing for women that has been freshly laundered or dry-cleaned.
- We also accept shoes, accessories, jewelry and purses.
- Our customers look for designer labels so that is what we look for. A few examples that sell well include: Ralph Lauren, Eileen Fisher, Talbots, BCBG, Tahari and Tori Burch. We also sell many “Mall Brands” like The Gap, J Crew and Banana Republic.
- Clothing must be near perfect and ready to sell – no buttons missing, no broken zippers, no pilling or odors (cigarette smoke, perfumes or mildew). The better it looks the more likely we are to take it, the faster it will sell and the more money you will receive.
- Clothing must be pressed and on hangers – including jeans, T-shirts, and shorts. All hangers will be returned to you at the appointment upon request. It is very important to bring your items in freshly cleaned and pressed.
What Happens At The Appointment?
At the time of your appointment we thoroughly inspect your items, giving you back any items we feel are not sellable. Occasionally we miss a spot or problem during the appointment but it is quite rare. IF an item is found to be unacceptable after you leave the store you will be called to pick the item up. If the item is not picked up within one week it will be given to charity and we will provide you with a tax donation slip.
Is There A Contract?
Yes, at your appointment we will have you read and sign our simple, one page consignment contract.
How Are Items Priced?
We will price your items and you will receive 50% of the sale price once the items sell. Being in the business for more than twenty five years we pride ourselves in knowing the resale market. You will have to trust that your items will be priced at the market rate for resale clothing. If you would like to discuss prices before leaving your clothing, that is fine, just ask. We want you to feel good about leaving your items with us.
Do Items Get Marked Down?
Yes, we mark down clothes as follows: 10% after 31 days, 20% after 41 days and 30% after 51 days. We also have Clearance Sales at the end of each season where items are marked down up to 75%.
Did Anything Sell?
Call us or stop by anytime and we will be happy to give you an update on your account. We wish we could call you when your items sell but we have thousands of consignors and that is just not possible. So, please feel free to call us as often as you like, we are always happy to hear from you.
How Do I Get Paid?
We will write you a check for the full amount once a month or you can use the money towards purchases in the store at any time. Checks can be mailed to you, upon request, for a $1.00 fee.
How Long Are Items Kept?
Your items will be kept in the store through the end of the season. The Spring/Summer season concludes the end of July and the Fall/Winter season concludes the end of January. At the end of each season we have a Clearance Sale and ALL items in the store go on sale unless you notify us ahead of time.
If You Change Your Mind
You can pick up your items at ANY time during the season. If you decide that you do not want to sell an item(s) for any reason just call to have the item(s) pulled for you. We request a 24-hour notice so we can have your item(s) ready and waiting for you when you come in.
Where Do My Unsold Items Go?
At the end of each season ALL items left in the store after the Clearance Sales will be donated to local charities. We keep track of every item we donate and we can provide you with a tax donation slip for items donated.
Any More Questions?
Could you possibly have any more questions? If you do please call us at 651. 699. 2315 or see our Top10 Questions.